Re: Texinfo-4.0 Patch

Ok.  After all of the discussion with no clear steps taken, I've built a
version of texinfo-4.0 myself.  I've been talking to Eli Zaretskii about
the DJGPP version of texinfo which supposedly has no problems with this
binmode/textmode stuff.

The version that I've built seems to correctly handle info files with
both \r\n and \n line endings so I'm not sure why any patches are needed
for this.

So, I didn't have to patch any source.  I compiled with -mno-win32 and
had to tweak info/Makefile.am so that it could all be built on my linux
system rather than building this natively.  That was it.

Can you all try this and let me know if there are problems with this
version?  It will soon be installable on source.redhat.com as a 'test
version' of texinfo, installable via setup.exe.

If this seems to work correctly, I'll send a message to
cygwin@cygwin.com so that it will be exposed to a wider audience.

cgf

--
cgf@cygnus.com                        Red Hat, Inc.