Re: Texinfo-4.0 Patch

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 01:32:44PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>> Ok.  After all of the discussion with no clear steps taken, I've built a
>> version of texinfo-4.0 myself.  I've been talking to Eli Zaretskii about
>> the DJGPP version of texinfo which supposedly has no problems with this
>> binmode/textmode stuff.
>>
>> The version that I've built seems to correctly handle info files with
>> both \r\n and \n line endings so I'm not sure why any patches are needed
>> for this.
>
>makeinfo is broken.  e.g. in the bzip2 source or in the cvs source,
>running:
>
>makeinfo manual.texi (in bzip2-1.0.1/) says
>  manual.texi: bad address
>
>makeinfo cvs.texinfo (in cvs=1.10.0/doc) says
>  cvs.texinfo: bad address
>
>Both work fine with the makeinfo from the 'old' distribution.

Ah yes.  I forgot about this old problem.  Thanks for testing this.

I have put up a new version of texinfo on sourceware which has a patch
to work around this problem.

I've also modified cygwin so that the "bad address" stuff should no longer
occur.

I haven't played with makeinfo in a variety of text mode and binary
mount conditions.  Can somebody try this?

cgf