Re: Texinfo-4.0 Patch

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Ah yes.  I forgot about this old problem.  Thanks for testing this.
>
> I have put up a new version of texinfo on sourceware which has a patch
> to work around this problem.
>
> I've also modified cygwin so that the "bad address" stuff should no longer
> occur.
>
> I haven't played with makeinfo in a variety of text mode and binary
> mount conditions.  Can somebody try this?

binary mounts, unix-style line endings:
  bzip2-1.0.1 manual.texi -- works fine; output identical to previous
versions except for 'makeinfo version string' differences and minor
formatting changes.

binary mounts, unix-style line endings:
  cvs-1.11.0 cvs.texinfo, cvsclient.texinfo -- works fine; output
identical to previous versions except for minor formatting changes
(original info file in the distro were produced using makeinfo-4.0 on
linux...)

I'll let someone else that uses textmode stuff more than I worry about
that.  Thanks for fix, Chris.

--Chuck