Re: standard output?

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 12:10:05PM +0100, Manuel Carro wrote:

>    Hi.  I am using (very successfully, congratulations to the folks
>at cygnus!) cygwin to port a rather Unix big application to Windows
>(it is Prolog compiler + ancillary tools:
>http://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/Software/Ciao).  It always went really
>smooth, but for a problem: I am unable to see the standard output of
>a, say, "hello, world!" program in the MS-DOS console.  The program
>starts up and finishes, but printing does not seem to come out (it
>works just fine double clicking on it, or starting it from the cygnus
>console).  Tried -mwindows and putting a WinMainCRTStartup function,
>to no avail.

Adding -mwindows means that the application is not a console application
so output does not go to stdout.  You just can't do that in Windows.
Sorry.

I'm redirecting your request to the cygwin mailing list since this is not
really a cygwin-apps type of question -- unless you are planning on making
this software part of the standard Cygwin release.

cgf