miscellaneous cygwin libtool patch

hi peeps

in a fit of pique, i managed to get cvs libtool running for dll/static libs on the cygwin platform. i think i broke most other windows, and possibly other platforms though. anyways, in case anyone wants to take a look at it. i have placed the entire patched source, with an example trivial project demonstrating static archive and dll generation here:

http://www.tailifer.com/misc/libtool-cygwin.tar.bz2

If you just want the patch, it's here:

http://www.tailifer.com/misc/libtool-cygwin.patch

if you have a .def file, then make, make check, make install work on cygwin, including the script wrappers. other than defining the proper automake commands for cygwin, there is relatively little modifications required to use it in your project. the bzip2 file contains relatively little explanation of what i did, but has a decent log of how i did it.

warning: this really isn't good enough to be put into cvs, but it makes *my* life a heck of a lot easier. until we get a good version of libtool from the fine libtool peeps, this might do.

cheers,
edward

PS. who put all the funky binary characters in cvs libtool.m4 version 1.148? sounds like an "oops" to me.