RE: cygwin-apps FAQ [WAS: Re: for interest: cygwin rpm on sourceforge]

I think we're going around in circles.

Paul, you started off with "Maybe Chris doesn't know what FAQ-O-MATIC
is"

The point I made w.r.t. the link I posted is that if you read it _and_
the threaded conversation that follows, you can see that the issue was
discussed quite clearly, and that your question/comment is in fact false
- Chris does know what FAQ-O-MATIC is. One of the most common answers
posted to the main cygwin list is "search the archives". I don't see why
this list should be different. I search the archives on every list I
post to before jumping in a new topic. If it's a topic I've read from
the first mention (and I know it's the first mention) then I usually
won't search the archives.

The second point is that this list was generally in favour of
experimenting with FAQ-O-MATIC, when time permits.

Corollary to point one - posters getting involved in discussions about
whether it's good or bad should read the previous thread before posting,
so they know the "current" (albeit some months ago) opinion and status.

Rob