This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.
- To: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Subject: GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:04:23 -0400
- Reply-To: Cygwin Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
I've just successfully completed building a Cygwin native cross build
environment for --target=mingw32. While I'm cleaning up the code
modifications I would like to ask if we should consider deprecating the
-mno-cygwin switch in favor of the cross environment?
I would rather see the cross build environment become standard because
it is a natural for autoconfiguration. You just add --host=mingw32 to
the configuration scripts instead of needing to do CC='gcc -mno-cygwin'
configure ... .
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com