This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: GCC -mno-cygwin vs mingw32-gcc cross environment.
- From: egor duda <deo at logos-m dot ru>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:16:04 +0400
- Organization: deo
- References: <3AE07A27.3AAC7BE5@yahoo.com>
- Reply-To: egor duda <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Friday, 20 April, 2001 Earnie Boyd firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
EB> I've just successfully completed building a Cygwin native cross build
EB> environment for --target=mingw32. While I'm cleaning up the code
EB> modifications I would like to ask if we should consider deprecating the
EB> -mno-cygwin switch in favor of the cross environment?
EB> I would rather see the cross build environment become standard because
EB> it is a natural for autoconfiguration. You just add --host=mingw32 to
EB> the configuration scripts instead of needing to do CC='gcc -mno-cygwin'
EB> configure ... .
-mno-cygwin is currently used when building parts of cygwin itself. we
must be dealing with it somehow.
i don't think we should deprecate -mno-cygwin (i believe it's quite
handy sometimes) but rather discourage using it when it's natural to
configure with --host=mingw32
Egor. mailto:email@example.com ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19