This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ash stdin mode is set to O_TEXT
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: ash stdin mode is set to O_TEXT
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:19:57 -0400
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 08:25:56PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
>ash stdin mode is set to O_TEXT, so it's impossible to checkin/chechout
>binary files from cvs when CVS_RSH is sh script.
>maybe O_TEXT should be set only in interactive mode? or shouldn't be
>set at all?
Corinna and I have discussed this in the past. The problem is that the
'read' command should always be text mode whether it is interactive or
not. Also, if sh is reading a shell script via:
sh < foo
the input should be in O_TEXT mode.
But then, if ash is reading from a pipe, stdin should, IMO, be in binary
I'm not sure how to accomodate all of those issues.