SSHD and win32 console apps - was RE: [ros-kernel] Re: Shell enhancements

Like net.exe? I believe a fix for the output of net.exe was committed
recently. I don't have a handy URL though, So I'll cross post this to
cygwin-apps@cygwin.com and hopefully you'll get an authoritative answer
:]

> to know how.  If not, then yea, I can see cygwin kludging pty
> support from
> one cygwin app to another.  The only way I can possibly see
> for a process
> to monitor the output to a console in win32 is to
> periodically poll the
> frame buffer with ReadConsoleOutput(), as I said before... but that's
> inefficient, and complicated, not to mention that it assumes
> that the app
> does not create a new frame buffer and use that.
>
> As a test, maybe you could try running our notevil.exe from
> the rosapps
> module in an ssh session.

I don't actually have sshd running on my machines... but it's relatively
easy to setup - why not grab it and see :]

Rob