This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: stacksize setting in tcl/win/makefile.in in gdb src
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: stacksize setting in tcl/win/makefile.in in gdb src
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:57:59 -0400
- Cc: danny_r_smith_2001 at yahoo dot co dot nz
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 08:20:17PM +1000, Danny Smith wrote:
>In tcl/win/makefile.in in gdb CVS src there is following at line 475:
>$(TCLSH): $(TCLSHOBJS) tclshres.$(OBJEXT) $(TCLLIB)
> $(CC) $(linkdebug) $(conlflags) -Wl,--stack=0x2300000 \
> -o $@ $(conlibsdll) $(TCLSHOBJS) tclshres.$(OBJEXT) $(TCLLIB)
>The stacksize is inconsistent with that used in makefile.vc which is 2300000
>*but* vc uses decimal notation (unless prefixed with 0x). It is also
>inconsistent with that used in makefile.bc (1f0001), which presumably uses hex
>When building and testing tcl8.3.3 under mingw I ran into similar problem
>(using Mumit's diff for 8.3). The socket.test would hang with stack=0x2300000
>but worked fine when I changed stacksize to something more reasonable (for my
>machine at least) ie. 0x231860.
>And that triggers a question which I will raise also in binutils list:
>Why is default reserved stacksize set so high (0x02000000) by ld in pe.em?
>PS I would report this to tcl also, but new logon registrations are disabled
>during their move to new host.
Please send this query to the email@example.com mailing list. They
are the keepers of this code.