Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu>
> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>

> > Don't be too hastily convinced.  I believe there to be problems of
> > exporting too much in lots of cases.

What symbols? Pauls original work was for pw32 - I did have to extend it to
prevent automatic exporting of in-cygwin-dll symbols. The .dll's I've built
with the patched binutils on my home page don't show any excess symbols.

> Are we talking about Paul's --export-all-symbols/filtering changes, or
> his auto-imports changes (Currently, both changes are commingled in a
> single patch.  I think.)

There are auto-symbol-export-filter changes mingled into the patch - and
thats appropriate ;}.

Rob