Re: first shot perl

Oh yeah -- if you're going to maintain perl for cygwin, be sure to keep
the "MANIFEST" section of the perlcygwin (README.cygwin) document
up-to-date (probably nothin' new here right now, but later on...)

Also, in that same document, references to Sergey's coolview DLL
('mixed') should be removed.  And cygwin's install program understands
.exe files, no need to mention the script anymore.

On 25 June 2001, Eric sent me off-list mail stating (among other things):

"I have some work to the perl package that I've been meaning to upload"

I don't know any more details, and obviously the "upload" never
happened.  You probably ought to contact him (if possible) and find out
what patches he had cooking.  It seems pretty obvious that the recent
changes in his life have made it difficult for him to actively maintain
perl; he probably won't object to you taking over.

Contact me off-list for his new email address (I'm not sure he wants
this one available to the spam-bots so I don't want to post it here)

--Chuck