Re: Updated setup.ini with descriptions, categories, and dependencies

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 02:23:09AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>My packages:
>  cvs
>  gdbm     -- no changes
>  gettext  -- no changes
>  jbigkit
>  jpeg
>  libpng
>  ncftp    -- no changes
>  ncurses  -- no changes
>  popt     -- no changes
>  readline
>  tiff
>  unzip    -- no changes
>  wget
>  xpm-nox
>  zip      -- no changes
>  zlib     -- no changes
>
>For the packages that do NOT indicate "no changes" -- see below.  Most
>of the changes are in the requires: field.  I've marked the current
>"requires:" entry with "cgf:".  My version is marked "csw:".
>
>--Chuck
>
>cvs:
>  cgf:  ash cygwin perl tcsh zlib
>
>  comments:  well, perl isn't actually *necessary* for cvs itself, it's
>only used by a few additional scripts.  Also, tcsh is not required at
>all.  OTOH, the cygwin build of cvs requires gdbm.  And crypt.  And
>'pr.exe' which is part of textutils.  Also, since the cvs source
>includes its own version of zlib, it doesn't really depend on the
>external zlib package.

I wonder why the RPM version is so skewed from what you are relaying here.

However, if some part of cvs needs perl to operate then this is a dependency.

>jpeg:
>  cgf: ---
>  csw: cygwin
>  (category should be Graphics/Libraries, not miscellaneous)

This is a difference from RPM.
>  sdesc: "A library of functions for manipulating JPEG image format files"

As is this.

My script didn't properly translate the jpeg -> libjpeg but I have rectified that.

I've made all of the changes you've mentioned.  I still wonder why RPM got some
of them "wrong".

Thanks.

cgf