This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygipc packaging was Updated setup.ini with descriptions, categories, and dependencies
- To: Ralf Habacker <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Subject: Re: cygipc packaging was Updated setup.ini with descriptions, categories, and dependencies
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:06:23 -0400
- CC: Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- References: <001d01c13573$48b70670$651c440a@BRAMSCHE>
- Reply-To: CA List <Cygwin-Apps at Cygwin dot Com>
Ralf Habacker wrote:
> I remember that paul has added the auto-import feature to the mingw binutils
> (bdf as dll),
> but after I have send him the memory leak problem, he removed this and used bfd
> as static lib.
> Perhaps he recognized that repairing this bug would be a big problem and decided
> go back. Additional he wrote a note on the cygwin or on the binutils list (I
> don't remember exactly where)
> that he had never published anything relating the auto-import feature on the
> cygwin lists.
> This seems for me that he tries to dissociate from this ??
> But anyway, we have to do this.
> Because I can't work on kde2 without this feature and I like to get this running
> very much
> I will spend some time to look into this and try to fix but I'm unsure if I
> could do this alone. I need some help in understanding ld.
> Perhaps I can reactive my very old knowledge about writing an os-9 relocation
> loader :-)
> Because I can spend only about 8 hours per week for this, it may require two or
> more month to fix this.
> Should discussions related this be send to the binutils and/or the cygwin list
And the correct list to discuss this would be the binutils list where
others are possibly working on the problem.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com