This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot
- To: gp at familiehaase dot de
- Subject: Re: fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 10:58:55 -0400
- CC: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- References: <3B97655E.23919.A44179A@localhost>; from firstname.lastname@example.org on Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 12:00:30PM +0200 <3B97790C.11360.A90F5DC@localhost>
Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> I tried a second with the latest snapshot (2001-09-04), same result.
> I reinstalled 1.3.2 and now it works as before, no idea what is going
Note that "official" package releases *must* be built only on systems
that do not have any snapshots or unreleased versions of dependencies.
That is, build your perl against a snapshot if you want, but don't
release it to sourceware unless you rebuild against 1.3.2 or 1.3.3.
Ditto "unreleased" versions of dependencies like zlib or readline or
I made this mistake once with one of my packages -- that is, building it
on a system that had a snaphost dll -- and it caused no end of problems.