This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:52:53 +0200
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Charles Wilson schrieb am 2001-09-06, 10:58:
>Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>> I tried a second with the latest snapshot (2001-09-04), same result.
>> I reinstalled 1.3.2 and now it works as before, no idea what is going on.
>Note that "official" package releases *must* be built only on systems
>that do not have any snapshots or unreleased versions of dependencies. That
>is, build your perl against a snapshot if you want, but don't release it to
>sourceware unless you rebuild against 1.3.2 or 1.3.3. Ditto "unreleased"
>versions of dependencies like zlib or readline or whatever.
Thanks for the hints. I hope it will not happen to me.
I just wanted to try out if there are some obvious differences, but there
are no differences besides the fact that no functions were found and they
didn't work for perl like ( time() ) which results in a compiletime error.