This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- To: Binutils <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:51:35 -0400
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- References: <000601c137d9$a4697490$816707d5@BRAMSCHE>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 10:14:04PM +0200, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>is there any way to get the size of by malloc allocated byte of an application ?
>If have tried malloc_stats() and mallinfo(), which is described in
>and implemented in dlmalloc.cc of the cygwin source, but they seems to be not
>in the cygwin1.dll import library.
dlmalloc is the debugging malloc library that cygwin uses when compiled
with malloc debugging (configure --enable-malloc-debugging).
The normal malloc comes from newlib.
>Another library mmalloc contains mmstats() and mmtrace() which looks equal
>malloc_stats() but using
>this prints nothing. :-(
I don't think that anything in binutils uses mmalloc.