This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mingw and w32api package names.
- To: Cygwin-Apps at Cygwin dot Com
- Subject: Re: Mingw and w32api package names.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:58:44 -0400
- References: <3B9E33C6.B8B10989@yahoo.com>
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at Cygwin dot Com
On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:54:46AM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Shortly I'll be releasing new packages for MinGW and w32api. The
>current file name for MinGW isn't really reflective of the package name
>itself. I would like to use mingw-runtime-$(VERSION)-$(CYGRELEASE) for
>the name. I would also like to use w32api-$(VERSION)-$(CYGRELEASE) for
>the w32api package name. This is more consistent with the packaging and
>is more consistent with the way the packages are distributed by the
>MinGW team. Comments or objections?
I'm sure that this it will confuse the current version of setup if you
call this mingw-runtime. How are you planning on dealing with the