Re: Uploading a package to sources

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Anybody know to where I should scp these packages?
>
> Anyone know how to go about changing the setup.ini or is that Chris's
> baby?

Actually, there's an autoscript that regenerates setup.ini based on the
files underneath /cygwin.  In the absence of a .hint file in  a given
directory, I think the script parses the filename of the tarball (not
the directory name)  So mingw-runtime-<ver>-<rel>.tar.bz2 would cause a
"mingw-runtime" entry to be created, even if you uploaded it into the
latest/mingw/ directory.

You probably need to ssh, not scp -- if you're going to create a new
directory (/latest/mingw-runtime instead of /latest/mingw).  But the path is
sourceware.cygnus.com:/sourceware/ftp/anonftp/pub/cygwin/latest/...

-Chuck