This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
announcement message for binutils?
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: announcement message for binutils?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:34:50 -0400
- Reply-To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
Ok, so what should I say in the binutils announcement message?
Is this adequate?
This version contains fixes to detect pathological conditions when the
ld's auto-import option option cannot work properly. The previous
version of ld silently produced buggy code. This version issues an
error and suggests methods for dealing with the problem.
This version also has a fix for a memory leak condition which caused
ld (or is it dlltool?) to mushroom in size when producing large dlls.
FWIW, the package is uploading now.