This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dynamic perl shipped with cygwin
- To: S. L. <s_i_lao at gmx dot net>
- Subject: Re: dynamic perl shipped with cygwin
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:47:56 +0200
- CC: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- Reply-to: gp at familiehaase dot de
S. L. schrieb am 2001-09-19, 8:32:
>>>some modules searching for dynamic loading using this name; although the
>>>CPAN modules I'm using don't have this problem, the postgresql perl5 and
>>>plperl do. And the "ln -s [...]" above solves it.
>> perl.exe & libperl5_6_1.dll are in /usr/bin. If that path is in your PATH
>> settings included, there should no symlink needed. Perl 'knows' where to
>> find the rest of his .dll's.
>I'm not in the state to reproduce the postgresql problem, sorry. I must
>admit that it could happen because of a messed up environment, although it
>wasn't as bad as "/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin" missing from PATH.
Thanks for reporting back.
Please send Cygwin related email only to the cygwin-list, so others may