RE: cURL packaging progress

I had already realized this convention. My question had more
to do with creating the build scripts. In Solaris, you have
"pkgadd" modules, in Linux you have RPM's... In Cygwin, is there
any standard name for a cygwin binary tarball?

> > 5: I'd love to see the prefix of "/usr" coded into one of cURL's
> >    autotools-related files (configure.in?), so that, whenever
> >    configuring on (or for?) cygwin, I don't have to specify
> >    "--prefix=/usr" every time. Is there any commonly used method
> >    of doing this? It seems to me that this default should be
> >    hard-coded into auto-tools...
>
> No, don't do this, everyone who wants to build should be able to type
> in --prefix=/usr if he likes to, default is always /usr/local.

The binary cygwin installs should always install to /usr, but if
someone downloads the source for a cygwin package and makes it
themself, it will default to /usr/local. If they don't pay enough
attention, they'll end up with two different copies installed
(I did this with libtool by accident the first time). I assume then
that this is normal behavior, and is considered to be "OK"?

--Kevin