Re: tetex, latex, etc.

Bonjour:

Your message is not clear in the sense that teTeX has two main part:
binaries and TDS.
The first one is OS specific: the cygwin package provides the basic
binaries
[tex,latex,pdftex,pdflatex,dvips,makeindex,...] and suitable scripts in
the
TDS/web2c directory ...
Further the TDS is assumed to be /usr/share/texmf

My suggestion to solve your problem is:
1] install your (teTeX) TDS directory somewhere (if needed);
2] remove the TDS/web2c directory (or rename it);
3] link your TDS to /usr/share/texmf ;
4] reinstall the cygnus tetex package to provide the correct binaries
and script;
5] for more information read:

6] let me know if any trouble;

Good LaTeXing,
Jerome

[cygnus teTeX porter]

--
  *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤    Jerome BENOIT, Ph.D.    *º¤., ¸¸,.¤º*¨¨¨*¤
                  Institute of Molecular Biology