Re: /setup.html please read

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 12:23:12PM -0500, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
>1) Under "Package File Naming", I see "The first release of a package
>for a given vendor version may optionally skip the suffix".  I take
>that to mean that
>    cURL-7.9-1.tar.gz
>and
>    cURL-7.9.tar.gz
>are both acceptable? Is that true?

No.  There are some packages in the tree currently that do that but it
is not correct.  I've changed the wording.

>2) Under "Making Packages", I think the "standard" for binary packages
>is to leave off the initial "/" on filenames inside the tarball.  E.g.:
>    usr/doc/cURL-7.9/README
>instead of
>    /usr/doc/cURL-7.9/README
>I think the point is to allow someone to expand the binary package into
>some other location (besides "/") if desired for whatever reason.

I think this is implied by:

	* Binary packages are extracted in /, include all file paths from the
	root in your archive.

Actually, this should be:

/usr/doc/cygwin/cURL-7.9-1.README
or
/usr/doc/cygwin/cURL-7.9.README

>3) I realize this one is kind of nit-picky, but the 4th bullet under
>"Making Packages" mentions a "file" named /usr/doc/foo-vendor, when in
>fact this should call it a "directory".

Actually, this is correct.   This should be a file.

cgf