Re: Move zlib up one level?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>

> >Yeah, but isn't cygcheck a cygwin1.dll application?
>
> Not anymore.  :-)
>
> I've been asking for someone to change this for a while but I finally
> decided to do this myself.
>
> I'm adding package checking to cygcheck.exe right now.  I wanted to
get
> a more intelligent version of cygcheck.exe released for cygwin 1.3.5.
> Changing cygcheck to a mingw application has obvious benefits and I'd
> been meaning to add some crude package handling to it for a while.
>
> It was sort of a proof-of-concept type of thing but it works ok
> for a version 1.
>
> The only problem is that I had to pull a lot of code out of setup.exe.

Not good.. particularly with the amount of changes I'm accruing in setup
at the moment.

> I think we need a "libutils" directory or something that will allow
the
> sharing of setup's version handling, filename parsing, and mount table
> handling.

Good idea. For package management - querying installed packages/files
per package etc, a c++ library built from parts of setup.exe will be
needed. As I sort the object model out I'll happily assist putting this
together.

Rob