This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: It's official -- package moratorium lifted
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:37:07 +1100
- Subject: Re: It's official -- package moratorium lifted
- References: <20011114213213.GA9676@redhat.com>
Let me butt in here....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <email@example.com>
> Robert has agreed. The moratorium is lifted.
> There was much rejoicing.
> So, for a package submission, please send the name of the package, the
> rationale for including it, and a URL where we can retrieve the
> for inspection.
> If you can't provide a URL then I guess you can send the package to
> and I'll put it in a holding area on sources.redhat.com. But, I'd
> *really* prefer a URL.
If you're really up for this - it's fine. IMO though, there are plenty
of free home page sites available. No one should _ever_ be unable to
provide us with a URL.
> Oh, and please provide a setup.hint entry, too. Ideally, the
> binary, and source packages should all be in the same directory,
> via http or ftp.