Re: Disk space on sourceware

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 10:42:43PM -0500, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>At 10:39 PM 11/26/2001, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>Is getting dangerously low.  I just had an 'no space left on device'
>>error when I tried to upload my new version of popt.  (By removing some
>>extremely old versions of my tiff library, I was able to free up enough
>>room for the new popt).
>>
>>But....the problem remains: sourceware is dangerously full.
>
>Another way to look at it...  we've created all the software we can.
>Time to go outside and play now! ;-)

Thanks for notifying me.

In the future, it would be very helpful if you could also send these
kind of reports to overseers@sources.redhat.com.  Then any one of a
number of people could potentially deal with the problem.

...of course, it'll probably still be me who deals with the problem but
it's still a nice theory.

I guess everyone should now be less than surprised to find that old
versions of packages will be disappearing RSN.  It would be a help if
people would delete their old packages now and save me the hassle,
though.

cgf