Re: [REQ] apache-1.3.22 package available

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Nieuwenhuizen" <janneke@gnu.org>

> > > I think /etc/apache is best, so is /var/apache probably best too.
> > >
> > I would prefer /etc/httpd as use by (suse) linux, but they have an
exception for the docroot
> > =/usr/local/httpd
>
> In short: everyone likes to have it the way My Currently Favourite
> Linux Distro (TM) has it.  So, because Cygwin is associated with Red
> Hat, why not standardise on that?  (Personally I like /etc/apache,
> /var/www best, because that's what Debian does :-)

Yep :].

OpenBSD also does this. IMO it's the best way for apache because
a) /var is appropriate for user modified data files for applications,
and
b) www is easily associated with apache, AND can be reused if apache is
removed and (pick favorite alternative) installed.
c) /etc/apache is nicely contained for the plethora of files apache used
to have, (and with SSL can have) yet is clearly configuration data.

Corinna's standard configure line as quoted in
http://www.cygwin/com/setup.html probably does most of this
automatically.

I'd also like to suggest that the home page in the package be altered to
say what platform its running on (if it doesn't already :}).

Rob