Re: broken setup.hint files

"Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> writes:

> I don't grok this. Take conflicting packages - they do exist - how do
> you propose to make world on them?

Oh, I didn't introduce the term make world here, but I liked it and
thus copied it.  [as everyone probably knew by then I was doing
cross-builds including packaging, a *bsd make world is not exactly
what I do.]

What I mean is: all packages should be automagically buildable: fetch,
unpack, build, repack.  The 'make world' aspect: do that for all
packages available, is something that will follow as soon as all
packages behave.

> I maintain that the ability to automatically make a package from the
> commandline is desired, but that that and make world are orthogonal.

Ok, just a matter of definition, so it seems.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter