RE: FIGlet (again)

-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:vinschen@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2001 3:49 PM
To: 'cygwin-apps@cygwin.com'
Subject: Re: FIGlet (again)

<snip me being dumb>

> Probably.  It means that the sources are unpacked into the /usr/src
> dir.  If your package dir is called foo, it will be unpacked to
> /usr/src/foo.  If you packed the archive so that it has it's own
> usr/src path, it would be unpacked into /usr/src/usr/src/foo.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, of course.  Yes that makes much more sense :)

> But you're right.  I had to read the sentence twice, too :-)

Yes, I think I might go out on a limb here and say that setup.html isn't
overly clear about some things.  I found certain things tricky to get my
head around and my friend, who would call himself a relative newbie to all
things *nix was almost completely baffled :)  One thing that we both found
ourselves asking was, "what /is/ a package?"  We only really figured it out
because we've installed Cygwin several times and knew that the packages that
are downloaded are tar.bz2s!

I'm a bit busy at the moment with work and with personal projects but I'm
happy to offer to reword some (all?) of that page in the future if you want.
Would this be welcome, or am I being too forthcoming now? :)

Carl

of this email.