Re: new policy for packages

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de>

> Runtime only prerequisites?

Essentially. Complex build time would be a concern, but not as much of
one (depending on the reputation of the packager). (i.e. long time
contributor, low risk. New contributor, might package and run :}).

> e.g. in rpm-4 there are db sources included in the source package
which
> are statically linked in.
>
> I think this is really obvious.  If I want to include a package which
> needs a dynamic version of db and the people are not able to fetch an
> official port then I will go on and build this needed db too.

Build and contribute as a package I presume? Yes, in fact that is the
intent - to make it obvious that such will be *expected* if someone
wants to contribute a package.

> But to avoid discussions it should be mentioned at the guidelines.

Exactly.

Rob