Re: Maintainers of CURL, MUTT, PYTHON and WGET, heads up!

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 11:44:29AM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 09:33:40PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> > Can I suggest you tag this as a test, for a few days, to allow the
> > maintainers to check w/o affecting any end users.
>
> Sure.  Probably from tomorrow on.  I've just got a hint from a
> collegue to exclude the MDC2 algorithm as well.  The OpenSSL
> distro in Cygwin would then exclude the exact same crypto algorithms
> as the RH Linux distro.

I've just uploaded a PRELIMINARY version of OpenSSL-0.9.6c.  It's
marked as a "test" version for setup.  I'll not announce it.

Please test your packages against that version.  It's already build
omitting the IDEA, RC5 and MDC2 crypto algorithms.

BTW,

I'm going to change the layout of that package due to it's size.

The release version will be splitted into two packages:

  openssl-0.9.6c-2.tar.bz2
  openssl-devel-0.9.6c-2.tar.bz2

The first package will only contain the DLLs and the /usr/ssl
directories except the man3 man pages, the second package will
contain the /usr/include, /usr/lib and /usr/ssl/man/man3 directories.

So the first package is the one needed to run the applications
(no changes to setup.hint needed) and the second one is only
needed when building application against OpenSSL.

Red Hat, Inc.