Re: Now that the new setup is here...

For lack of any response,

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Okay, how about now?
>
> --Chuck
>

> Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>> there were two things I was going to do:
>>
>> 1) move gettext from the contrib directory to the latest directory --
>> and see if anybody barfs.

I did this.  It's been many moons and many point releases (and a major
release) since the last time we moved a package directory (ncurses, I
think) from contrib to latest.  Hopefully the changes in the internal
logic -- and the greater reliance on setup.ini -- mean that this will
cause little if any disruption.  (Also, Robert asserts that it will
cause no damage).  So, a test (in preparation for cgf's possible reorg?)

Besides, we have a several 'latest' packages (bison, grep, sharutils,
texinfo, textutils, vim) that depend on libintl (gettext).  The "policy"
was that 'latest' stuff should depend only on other 'latest' stuff --
that was the rationale for moving ncurses, anyway.

>> 2) update bzip2 to the latest release -- which involves the grand
>> library split thing (bzip2 -> bzip2 + libbz2_0).  However, the name
>> "libbz2_0" is incompatible with the old setup, and even 'cygcheck -c'
>> gets confused prior to the cygwin-1.3.8 release.

But I didn't do this.

--Chuck