Re: SGML/XML packages available for testing

Gerrit P. Haase writes:
 > I don't think that there is missing s.th, I can bunzip it without
 > error and then untar it without error, just getting this error from
 > tar when using tar xjf tei...tar.bz2
 > I repackaged it and it is the same then... probably a bug in tar?
 >
 > It is only the one archive: tei-xsl-20011027-1.tar.bz2
 > the others are ok.

I believe this is an error in Cygwin tar. I don't get any errors with
these archives on my Linux box. I can reproduce them on two Cygwin
installations, though.

 > @ tei-xml
 > sdesc: "The Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) XML DTD"
 > ldesc: "The Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) XML DTD
 >
 > A large, modular, and flexible document type definition which is
 > widely used in linguistic applications, although it is as well
 > suitable for general-purpose documents.
 >
 > See http://www.tei-c.org/ for more information."
 > category: Text
 > requires: libxslt tei-xsl sgml-base xml-base
 > [test]
 > version: 1
 > install: contrib/tei-xml/tei-xml-p4-1.tar.bz2 29310
 > source: contrib/tei-xml/tei-xml-p4-1-src.tar.bz2 28189

Could it be that setup cannot handle the version string "p4-1"? This
should be legal as far as I understand the Cygwin package
documentation, but then I might have misunderstood something. Should I
change the version string or should the setup maintainers look at
their parser again?

regards,
Markus

--