extra apache shared module DLLs

Howdy,

I'd like to hear from the list how we should distribute additional
apache shared module DLLs that don't come with the Apache official
source tree. I think especially of all the modules I had been doing
for the CAMP (Cygwin Apache MySQL PHP Framework) like:

  mod_php4
  mod_ssl
  mod_auth_mysql
  mod_auth_ntsec

and so on.

>From my point of view we may have 3 alternatives:

(i) package each module to an "apache-mod_foobar-X-Y.tar.bz2" binary
package and distribute through the standard Cygwin setup.exe (setting
setup.hint to require the apache-1.3.x base package)

(ii) do not distribute additional modules at all via setup.exe. In
that case I would offer the pre-compiled modules via
http://apache.dev.wapme.net/

(iii) build a large (with lots of modules) CAMP binary package and
distribute that one as setup.exe package

Any comments or suggestions?

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG