RE: Release directory and Setup

> Would it be a good idea to number the setup.exe's in the same
> manner as all other packages and keep them in the new release
> (under /setup?) directory?  The download could then proceed as
> usual except the warning that there's a new setup moved to the
> end and the message changed in some manner to reflect this.

Once setup is able to auto-update (wishlist Rob?) this'll likely make perfect
sense.  Right now I'm not so sure.  Now, if you downloaded and installed it as
if it were another package, you'd get a "You have to reboot" message.  I guess
it could be argued that that's better than nothing, but IMHO time spent moving
it and dealing with the ramifications thereof would be better spent on
auto-update and getting it solved permanent-like.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.