Re: Setup sources updated - cross compile or native OOTB.

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Earnie Boyd" <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
To: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>

> No, I simply want to get the latest versions from CVS and configure
and
> make.  I don't want the autotools installed.

Why do you want to get these versions from CVS? I'm really trying to
understand what you want to achieve that you can't at the moment. (And
building from CVS without the autotools is a scenario that may
accomplish many other goals, so please describe one of the *other*
goals).

At the moment, I just get the feeling that we have a philosophical
difference on this matter, and that's in and of itself not sufficient
cause to change my mind.

Rob