Re: ITP: netpbm

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 06:04:55PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
>
>>But everyone will complain if they can't run the package after they install
>>it.  I think we should absolutely avoid the latter case.  The former
>>we can deal with as required.
>>

> What's the problem in adding two files to the package:
>
> /etc/profile.d/netpbm.sh:
>
>   PATH=$PATH:/usr/netpbm/bin export $PATH
>
> /etc/profile.d/netpbm.csh:
>
>   set path = ( $path /usr/netpbm/bin )

Great idea -- but I believe a consenses has already been reached: put
the binaries in /usr/bin.  I don't really care; I'll fix things up the
way I like 'em on my system...

Also, Jan and I have been talking with Bryan Henderson(?) who maintains
netpbm.   He has said that version 10 will be coming out in about a
month with some big changes, and Jan is inclined to wait until then to
create the cygwin package...just so you know.

--Chuck