Re: [ITP] ccache

At 19:00 5/19/2002 +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>>I once was so angry because reconfiguring takes everytime so long and
>>does always the same that I intended to to such kind of package myself,
>>it seems this isn't no longer needed and I will use it as much as
>>possible if it works out to be useful.
>>
>Same for me, that must me a dream, looking forward to use it =)

Note ccache caches *compilations*, not configure runs.

It will not save any time in running configure (except for
all the test compilations while running configure).
On my machine (W98SE) it makes a hell of a difference whether Norton
Auto-Protect is enabled or not for configure runs. I have no
measurements, but it feels like a factor of 4 to 5 difference
(for configure and similar intensive shell scripts e.g. libtool).

Ton van Overbeek