Re: binutils status?

 --- Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote: >

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> > On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:50:46AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >
> >>1) Ralf's "removing unused _nm_ symbol exports" fix
> >>2) Danny's (or Ralf's?) export-list fix (where whole static
> archives can
> >>be marked for non-export, or DO export...helpful for convenience
> libs)
> >>3) Ralf's patch for "objdump/cygwin crashes on auto-imported libs"
> >>

> > If Ralf and Danny will resubmit their patches against the current
> CVS,
> > I will at least incorporate them in a new version of binutils, even
> > if I don't check them in.
>

> Very good.  Ralf? Danny?

OK. I assume you mean to resubmit to binutils list.

> > I'd say go ahead and turn on auto-import in CVS and remove the
> warning,
> > Chuck.  I've gotten approval from Nick Clifton to do this if we
> agree
> > it's a good idea.
> >
> > It's obviously a good idea.

I disagree that is a good idea.  I like to now about unresolved data
references.  I would really like to see how --auto-import works with
new C++ ABI before I am comfortable with that switch being on by
default.

I've been playing with a little trick of marking _functions_ in def
files as DATA so that only the _imp__foo name is visible in the import
lib.  This lets me hide some of the bogons in MS libs so that I can use
the standard function names in a better behaved  replacement version
without any worry of duplicated definitions, but still get to the MS
one when I need to.  Never mind, I can find another trick. I won't use
gcc -shared to build those libs but use dlltool instead.

At least I think the warnings should be active by default.

Danny

Detached

> Attached.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Save your important files online for easy access!