Re: TCP Wrappers

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:51:23AM -0400, Prentis Brooks wrote:
> Thanks Corinna, I have already started looking at dll'izing the code.
> Will be working on it through the weekend on a virtual machine as I
> expect I will break things while trying to get it to work ;)  I expect I
> should be able to have it working with inetd within a month or so
> (giving time for work, moving, etc).   Once I have it working with
> inetd, I will bundle it up and let you test with sshd.  I am not wanting
> to dig through sshd for all the changes that may need to go there.

Prentis,

I don't quite understand what the dll has to do with inetd.  Since
inetd is using tcpd, it's never linked against libwrap anyway.

It's actually not that hard.  If sshd is working when linked against
the static lib, it very likely works using the dll.  You don't even
have to change ssh's makefile since the Cygwin ld links against the
dll first, if available.

However, I've found a problem when sshd is linked against tcp wrappers
but AFAICS it's a flaw in Cygwin.

Red Hat, Inc.