Re: vmstat

> >>PLEASE do not differentiate between /bin and /usr/bin.  This caused no
> >>end of trouble during the early days of setup.exe when setup didn't
> >>*always* follow the mounts.  Granted, setup is much better about that
> >>sort of thing now, but don't tempt fate.
> >>
> >>There's no need for separate /bin and /usr/bin on cygwin.
> >>
> >>(I don't care about the procps/ subdirectory, but I doubt others will be
> >>very happy about it.  cf. netpbm packagin discussion on cygwin-apps)
> >>
> > I've regenned the package without /usr/bin.
>

> AARRGGHH!  No, the *other* way.  --prefix=/usr.  bindir=/usr/bin.
Whoops - I should have RTFM. Sorry. Regenned again.

> > As for the procps subdirectory in /bin I was following the precedent set
by
> > ncurses-test-dll.
>

> Yeah -- a precedent set long ago before the current standards evolved.
> In other words, if I wanted to add ncurses as a new package *today* I
> would probably not be allowed the ncurses-test-dll/ subdir.  However, as
> an existing package, it has remained and so far nobody has asked me to
> remove it (there used to be an ncurses-test-static/ subdir, as well as
> two other ncurses-related subdirs whose names and purposes escape me at
> the moment).  I have no problems removing that last vestige of
> evolutionary history, however, if necessary -- the only prog in there
> that's useful to endusers is 'ncurses.exe' which helps debugging ACS
> charset display problems...
Ok. Do you have any thoughts on where I should put ps.exe and kill.exe?
They need to be somewhere other than /bin, but available should the user
wish to use them. Perhaps I could rename them instead? procps.exe and
prockill.exe, although those names are a little unweidly.
If anyone has any ideas, then please make a suggestion.

Chris