Re: ITP: Guile 1.5.6

Jan,

The config.site doesn't seem right, like not detecting libintl. The new gettext (libintl) requires -lintl and -liconv to properly link. Also, it seems like you were having trouble with libtool dependency support. I recommend deleting "depcomp install-sh mkinstalldirs missing ..." before running running automake like this:

automake --add-missing --copy --include-deps

It might be worth your while to briefly pop on that windows machine to run configure under the "real" deal. That way you can be sure that config.site has the proper variables. However, the autotools are supposed to work on cross builds as well, by detecting support in the cross directories...

Before you generate a patch, make sure that you remove the side-effects of the new autotools. The specific example is the autom4te.cache dir, which doesn't need to be distributed.

Chuck, I'm no expert, so you might want to have a look-see at the build script to see if there is anything else you notice.

Cheers,
Nicholas