Re: [ITP] Midnight Commander 4.5.55

Please, take a look at the packages and inform me of any
inconsistencies you find.

Binary and source packaging looks good to me.
Only thing I wouldn't put a patch in the root of the archive, out of the mc-4.5.55-1 directory.
Moreover patches are already available in the correct mc-4.5.55-1/CYGWIN-PATCHES directories.

Lately I better appreciate method two for packaging, but that's only personal preference.

http://ptsekov.gamersrevolt.it/cygwin/release/mc/setup.hint

Are you italian? Uhm.. form the email seems not.

category: Shells Utils Editors

Uhm... it of corse contains an Editor, but is the category appropriate, here?
It feels a little strange to see it in the same category as nano and vim.
Uh! Of course this refers to "mcedit" and not "mc" itself, sure it is appropriate then.

sdesc: "Midnight Commander visual shell"

Ahhh, this reminds me the good-old-times when after school you actually had FREE TIME to use Norton Commander, to let QEMM free 637Kb of you "oughted to be enough" 640k...
Let's stop this.
I'll simply say that this seems functional to me, and useful too for nostalgic people that doesn't like Explorer or for using from remote.
Thumb up from me (but I don't feel sure enough yet so say "package it's ok", I'll simply say "seems ok to me" =P).

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)