Re: Problem with cron and cygdrive-prefix

Hallo Ralf,

> I like to use cron on an winnt server for automatisation purposes and got a
> problem with the cygdrive-prefix.

> Mount says the following:

> $ mount
> E:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
> E:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
> E:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c: on /c type user (binmode,noumount)
> e: on /e type user (binmode,noumount)
> f: on /f type user (binmode,noumount)
> g: on /g type user (binmode,noumount)
> h: on /h type user (binmode,noumount)
> z: on /z type user (binmode,noumount)

> Now I've added a cronjob like this (The path is valid)

> $ crontab -l
> * * * * * ls /g/Sicherungen/ -l

> after waiting a minute cron sends a mail with an error message

> ls: /g/Sicherungen/: No such file or directory

> Looking in the header of the mail shows, what goes wrong.
> The cygdrive prefix seems to be ignored in the PATH statement. (see below)

> Adding /cygdrive to the crontab works

> $ crontab -l
> * * * * * ls /cygdrive/g/Sicherungen/ -l

> Any idea, what is going wrong ?

There are two mount tables, one user specific and one systemwide.
They are stored in the registry, changing the mounts in
HKLM/Software/Cygnus to read the same like in HKCU/Software/Cygnus
should help.

Always use 'mount -s'  to create mounts...

BTW, this is NOT cygwin at cygwin.com.

Gerrit
--
"All faults& bugs are mine - Robert"
    from squid/acinclude.m4,   Sun Apr 21 05:21:21 2002