Re: Exim-4.10-2

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 11:23:25PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>After a couple of weeks as a test package it is now time to release
>a regular exim. The changes between -1 and -2 are in the README
>and the exim-config script.
>
>I will send an announcement, but I am not sure what to say to
>users of Win95, 98 and ME. There Exim exposes a socket bug in cygwin-1.3.12
>It was fixed on Aug 7, so they can download a snapshot. Is there a
>recommended/stable one, or is it better to way until the next Cygwin
>release?

A recommended/stable snapshot would be called "a release".

I'm willing to release a new version of cygwin but, as has been the case
for the last few releases, I'm stubbornly waiting for some pthreads
patches to be approved.

If this doesn't work on Windows 9x, I think it is safer to wait until
the new version of cygwin is released.

cgf