Re: tetex-20020911-1

Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> writes:

> before I upload this... are you sure about dropping tetex-beta and
> texmf?

Yes, please, I think that's best.  These packages make tetex
installation a real maze, esp. together with all the upgrade helpers
that were needed.  While they should have done their work, they're in
the way of providing access to the current source packages because of
the package name juggling.  In theory, we should keep all upgrade
helpers indefinately, to give everyone a chance of a nice upgrade, but
I'd rather have a clean Cygwin tetex distribution now.

> If so, will you prominently mention that fact in your
> announcement and tell those who actually read announcements how to
> upgrade to your new version?

Yes, of course.

It's simple: everyone that has used setup since the new tetex-bin and
tetex-base packages were introduced can simply remove all (empty)
upgrade helper packages (tetex-beta, texmf*).

People that haven't upraded yet, should uninstall tetex-beta and
texmf*, and then install tetex-bin and tetex-base, eg.

Greetings,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter