Re: cygwin-mketc.sh

--- Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wrong list, redirected.  Please remove cygwin-patches from the
> distribution in response.

I second that (for reasons below).

> > I think it should go in the main cygwin package and install as
> > /etc/postinstall/cygwin-mketc.sh

And I think it should be in its own package, optionally installed.
Also it would be able to handle dependencies on software (in this case,
ash and ln). Or possibly put in the base-files package.

That said, I do like the idea of this. Has it been tested on all the
target versions of Windows (especially 95 and NT4 might be different)?