votes  : ?!
url    : http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/xinetd/xinetd-2.3.9-1.tar.bz2
         http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/xinetd/xinetd-2.3.9-1-src.tar.bz2
         http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/xinetd/setup.hint
packaging review:
- some nits in the -src package
- needs a preremove script

-----------------
spkg doesn't seem to work properly -- the patch is VERY large.
contains these additional files (compared to the patch shipped
with the package):
Makefile
config.h
config.log
config.status
libs/include/config.h
libs/include/fake-getaddrinfo.h
libs/include/libportable.h
libs/include/m_env.h
libs/include/misc.h
libs/include/pset.h
libs/include/sio.h
libs/include/str.h
libs/include/xlog.h
libs/man/Sprint.3
libs/man/m_env.3
libs/man/misc.3
libs/man/pset.3
libs/man/psi.3
libs/man/sio.3
libs/man/strparse.3
libs/man/strprint.3
libs/man/strutil.3
libs/man/xlog.3
libs/src/misc/Makefile
libs/src/portable/Makefile
libs/src/pset/Makefile
libs/src/sio/Makefile
libs/src/str/Makefile
libs/src/xlog/Makefile
xinetd/Makefile
This is because xinetd-2.3.9-1.sh sets "objdir=${srcdir}". That's okay
by me -- but if Sergey's going to build xinetd within the srcdir, then
the mkpatch) stanza should clean up these extra files before creating
the diff. Or create an exclude file in CYGWIN-PATCHES, and use
diff --exclude-from=${srcdir}/CYGWIN-PATCHES/diff-excludes ...
or...hmmm...ctually, the list of "offending" files is pretty short --
the libs/man, libs/include, and libs/lib directories are supposed
to be empty. AND, there are NO other directories in the srcpkg with
the names "include", "man" or "lib". So, simply adding these patterns
takes care of things:
-x 'include' -x 'man' -x 'lib' \
-x config.h -x config.log -x config.status -x Makefile \

-----------------

should have an /etc/preremove script, to do the following
(*) rm -f /etc/xinetd.d/*
(*) rmdir /etc/xinetd.d
(*) rm -f /etc/xinetd.conf
rm -f /usr/bin/xinetd-config
chkconfig --del xinetd 2>&1 >/dev/null
rm -f /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd

(*) since these come from the embedded sharutil archive, take a look at
how Chris's gcc-mingw package handles preremoval. Basically, the
postinstall script makes a manifest when it untars, and then the
preremove script uses that manifest to know what to delete.

Now, I didn't actuallly RUN the thing. But, assuming the above problems are addressed, I vote yes.

--Chuck